Welcome to Coastal Home Services, your premier provider of plumbing solutions in Morehead City, NC, and the surrounding areas, including Beaufort, Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, and others. We are highly experienced in repairing water heaters and are here for any of your water heater needs.
How to identify a water heater issue
Identifying a water heater issue can be crucial in preventing further damage and ensuring the efficient operation of your system. Here are some key signs to look out for:
- Insufficient hot water: If you notice a decrease in the amount of hot water available or if the water takes longer to heat up, it could indicate a problem with the water heater.
- Strange noises: Unusual sounds, such as popping, rumbling, or banging noises coming from the water heater, might signal sediment buildup or other issues.
- Water leaks: Any visible leaks or pooling water around the water heater could be a clear indication of a problem.
- Discolored water: If you notice rusty or discolored water when using hot water, it could be a sign of corrosion inside the water heater tank.
- Fluctuating water temperatures: Inconsistent water temperatures, where the water turns hot and cold intermittently during use, may indicate a malfunctioning thermostat or heating element.
By paying attention to these signs, you can identify potential water heater issues early on and seek our services for maintenance and repair.
The process of repairing a water heater
Repairing a water heater entails a systematic approach to resolve the issue at hand. A skilled technician will begin by diagnosing the problem, carefully examining the various components and identifying the root cause of the malfunction. Based on the diagnosis, the technician will then proceed with the appropriate repairs, which may involve replacing faulty parts, adjusting settings, or performing maintenance tasks like flushing the tank. Throughout the process, our professionals will ensure that all necessary safety measures are taken, and the repaired water heater is thoroughly tested to ensure optimal functionality.
How do you reset your water heater?
Resetting your water heater is a straightforward process. Begin by locating the power source, which could be an electrical panel or a dedicated switch. Turn off the power supply to the water heater by flipping the breaker or switching off the dedicated switch. After waiting for a few minutes, turn the power back on. In some cases, there might be a reset button on the water heater itself that you can press to reset it. It’s important to consult your water heater’s manual for specific instructions or reach out to a professional if you encounter any difficulties during the reset process.
Choose Coastal Home Services for your Water Heater repair needs
If you are experiencing any issues with your water heater, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Our experienced team is ready to assist you, providing expert diagnosis and efficient solutions to get your water heater up and running again.
We understand how frustrating plumbing issues can be and we are available 24/7 for any emergency plumbing needs.