Do you own a home here on the Crystal Coast and want to get the most out of your wallet and air conditioning unit? We have a few tips for you. Keeping your home or business cool and comfortable can be quite the feat during the hot summer months in North Carolina. Our team at Coastal Home Services wants to send some helpful tips your way!
Too hot, too cold? Finding the right temperature setting on the coast can be difficult.
Finding the right temperature in your home or business that gives you comfort without breaking your wallet can be tough. Our winters here are cold and our heating bills increase, and then in the summer, our air conditioning units are performing at high capacities to keep our homes and businesses comfortable. They can’t seem to catch a break! This issue is escalated when you own a home or business here on the Crystal Coast. Being so close to the water, it is easy for temperatures to rise and humidity levels to feel unbearable. Our NATE certified team at Coastal Home Services has identified key things that you can do for your thermostat and air conditioning system to run at optimal levels this summer.
These conditions would help your air conditioning unit run optimally this summer:
- Aim to keep your thermostat around 78 degrees to keep the unit from continually running.
- Turn on ceiling fans in rooms to circulate the air and create a breeze, making your space more comfortable even with a higher temperature.
- Opt for more barbecues and cooking outside! The stove and oven create a significant amount of heat, so cooking outside will not affect the temperature in your space at all.
- Close the blinds during the hottest parts of the day to keep excess sunlight from coming in.
- If you are going to be out of your home or business for more than a few hours, set your thermostat around 85 degrees. Switching it completely off does not save money in the long run because your system has to work so hard to reach the desired temperature once you return.
Trust Coastal Home Services for your HVAC Service
Coastal Home Services has been recognized as the #1 provider for heating and air conditioning services on the Crystal Coast. Our family owned and operated company of over 13 years is passionate about serving our clients with top of the line heating and air conditioning services and equipping you to relax and spend your time and energy on what matters most to you! Give us a call to speak with our Trane® certified team about your heating and air conditioning needs. We would love to help you make the most of your heating and air conditioning system and give you the level of comfort and ease that you deserve.
If you are staying at a home at the beach this summer, use these helpful tips to stretch your wallet and support your air conditioning system. We would love to help you in your heating and air conditioning needs, so call us to learn more about our team and what we can do for you!